
I had every intention of posting a new blog last night, but my internet has been down. I called the company and apparently it's down for our whole area. I tried again this morning, but no luck.
Last night I came home to thirty cupcakes with swirly frosting, and dozens of sugar cookies with either sprinkles or frosting. As if the everyday temptations weren't enough to deal with, my roommates
feel the need to bake 1-2 times per week! As stated in an earlier post, I love sweets. They are my weakness. I did have a delicious, delicious cupcake with an estimated Points value of 5, but I had been good all day and had the points to spare.Today I woke up a little before 9 and hit the gym for a half hour. I had a busy day planned so I figured I would get it out of the way first. I get really annoyed with some people at the gym. I was in the women only area, and this lady was overly tanned and working out in her sports bra and
shorts. Why can't you cover it up, for my sake? Even though she was a lot smaller than me, she still couldn't pull the look off. I need to see what kind of dress code my gym has.After that I went to practice my guitar with my friend that plays piano. She and I are doing the music for ladies' retreat this weekend and it's crunch time! We finally got a list of songs together after scrapping the original, and practiced most of them. Sounded kind of rough, but that's only on my part with my $100 guitar. I'll get to use a friend's nicer guitar this weekend.
I went home, took a quick shower, and went off to work. The unit manager surprised me by reminding me that I was scheduled to work 12 hours today! This is not totally unusual for me, so I took it in stride and remained busy for most of the shift. Today it was so rewarding to see a patient that was really ill yesterday get so much better. That's why I love my job.
I have been thinking about what my diet will be like this weekend, and I have no idea what kind of food will be served there, so I'm going to have to make smart decisions on the fly. I texted the camp director today asking her to include healthy snacks like fat free popcorn when she makes her run to Costco tomorrow. I really hope that the cooks at the retreat center keep healthy choices available. I looked over the SetPoints plan that WW has, and it's pretty simple, but it's mostly for whole foods, like lean meat, whole grains, fruits, and veggies. I'm expecting casseroles and deep fried artery cloggers this weekend. I'm even thinking about buying a few things for myself and bringing them with me such as unsweeted instant oatmeal, fat free popcorn, and possibly a few packets of sugar free hot cocoa to put in my coffee. (It's only one point and much tastier than skim milk and splenda.)
I have decided that worrying doesn't accomplish anything, so I'm not going to keeping running over it in my head. I have a good attuitude going into this weekend and I'm going to work work work to keep it that way!
The retreat will be awesome. Just trust that you will make good choices, and keep your mind on the Lord - He will take care of the rest! :)
ReplyDelete