Sunday, October 10, 2010

End of Week One

Overall, I would call this a successful week. I lost 4 lbs!

Today was supposed to be my weigh-in day, but I don't trust the scale here at home, so I used the work scale. I might change my weigh-in days to Thursdays just so I can be consistent. The scale at home says I've lost 9 lbs... but I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

Yesterday was like a day from hell. Ok, it wasn't that bad, but it was a challenge to have a good attitude. Let me tell you the story: Friday I woke up at 5 pm because I was scheduled to work overnight at the group home. Friday is when I made those great stuffed peppers. When I work nights like that I still count points for the day before since I've been sleeping all day. I worked the night shift and clocked out about 7:15 Saturday morning. I went to the gym all pumped to work out. I was in the locker room when I noticed a missed call and a voicemail, so I checked it. It was my other job. They had called to ask why I wasn't there for my shift. I called back saying today was my day off, but apparently I was wrong, and that I was scheduled 7 am- 3 pm that day. I couldn't leave them hanging, so rather than work out and sleep half the day, I changed my clothes and headed to work.

I didn't use up all my points from Friday because I didn't have time.

I didn't use up all my points from Saturday because I was in survival mode. I worked until 3 pm and then went home and changed clothes then went to Church. That's right, I was scheduled to sing! By this time I felt high as a kite for being awake 24+ hours. I came home after Church, ate two lovely pumpkin cupcakes that my roommate made, then fell asleep FAST! I don't feel bad about the cupcakes. Including them and the really great frosting, I still had 10 points left over. I was so concerned with getting to sleep that I didn't care.

Ok, I guess I do care about the cupcakes. Even when I'm having the day from hell I should still take care of what I eat. My roommate made me feel better about it- she said the only fat in them was from the eggs and 2 Tbsp of butter in the 24-cupcake recipe. Still, I need to make sure I ALWAYS have healthy, quick options available.

After sleeping for 9 wonderful hours, I woke up at 5 am and headed for the gym, only to discover that they are not 24 hours on the weekends. Phooey. This is the second time this weekend that I have tried to work out but wasn't able to. I like to think I get credit for trying. I settled for a skinny sugar free latte. It was great, and only 3.5 points.

Today should prove to be another one of "those days". I'm singing in church, going to a wedding, then working 3:45 - 11 pm. I'm glad I already cut up veggies yesterday. I'll let you know how that turns out.

What do you do when you have circumstances that are not under your control and you are not sure what you are supposed to do about it? I feel like yesterday was a victory because I didn't resort to fast food or binging. I know I need to use up all my points to have a balanced diet, but sometimes it's just not possible.

One more thing: I woke up with gnarly pain in my right side. Do you think that's my body's way of saying enough is enough? It still hurts, I would say 5 out of 10 on the pain scale. Even with my rough weekend I've been diligently drinking water or crystal light to stay hydrated. Here's to hoping my body resets, and soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment