Tuesday, October 12, 2010

One of those days

Today was one of those days. Not terrible or anything, but not outstanding. Work was work, very busy. I'm stressing about the Ladies' retreat this weekend for which I am leading music-someone called me today asking for a specific song. 4 days before the retreat! 2 weeks ago when I asked for suggestions might have been nice. I was planning on going to the gym, but I really needed to shave my legs if I wanted to wear my capri gym pants. I went into the bathroom with that intention, and ended up taking a bath. It felt great. I felt like going to bed and reading but I knew I needed to drag my butt to the gym.

So I did. I did 30 minutes of eliptical with an average heart rate of 140, then 25 minutes of free weights and the ab crunch machine thing. I'm going to be sore tomorrow! I already have the heating pad on my neck, which has been sore for about a week now. I'm not sure why, could be bad posture, or the fact that I'm carrying around all this extra weight on my body, or both.

While I was at the gym I had to laugh, because a young man was using one of the weight machines facing a mirror, with his hoodie over his head, grunting loudly for every rep. I hope I didn't make him feel bad because I giggled. I tried to be quiet but I think he heard me.

I forgot to use work's scale tonight because I was very busy. However, since I almost always work Mondays, I'm going to try and be consistent and have that be my weigh day since Sundays are supposed to be the day.

After adding up all my points today before the gym, I only had 18.5. (I'm supposed to use 39.) I decided to make what I had been craving- grilled cheese and Spaghetti-Os. Weird craving right? I made the grilled cheese with one piece of large sourdough bread cut in half, 2 slices of American cheese (it's all I had), and butter flavor cooking spray. The extra crunch from the bread was really great. I also had a Yoplait Light (Boston Cream Pie, mmm) which was 2 points. I still have 5 points left over for the day, but I am going to let them go because I feel satisfied. I calculated how many calories I got today on livestrong.com, and it was just under 2,000. Livestrong thinks I need 2,573 calories per day to lose 2 lbs per week, based on my height, weight, and age. I get how my weight makes it so high, but I'm going to be a rebel and not eat that much.

My head hurts and I'm ready for bed. I'm so glad I bought a heating pad last week. I've got it plugged in next to my bed. Best of all, it has an automatic shut off so I can safely fall asleep with it on.

Tomorrow's topic? How am I going to stay on my diet when I don't know what kind of food they'll have at retreat?

No comments:

Post a Comment