Today has been nice so far. I've been lazy. I read my birthday gift book for a few hours, then took a nap, and now I'm sitting in bed blogging. Days off are nice.
Yesterday I was getting ready to go to work when the unit manager called and said there was low census so I did not need to come in. My unexpected day off was really nice. I didn't feel very well but I did get a few things done. If you get grossed out by medical stuff, skip to the next paragraph, you've been warned. I found out last week that I need surgery. I have a large cyst on my ovary which has been causing me pain for months and recently started to put pressure on my bladder, which makes me feel like I need to go to the bathroom a lot. I am uninsured, so I spent half my day yesterday jumping through hoops trying to get some sort of coverage since there is no way I can pay for surgery.
I went to DSHS like my doctor had suggested and applied for an emergency medical coupon. I am not old, pregnant, blind, or disabled, and I have a job so I was rejected. I tried to work something out with my employer, but since they are a hospital they told me what they tell other patients- to fill out a form and hope you get charity after the fact. I didn't feel particularly confident that I wouldn't have a mountain of debt from a necessary medical procedure. I then went to a different hospital and they gave me a little more reassurance. I talked to the billing lady and she said that they go by year to date income, which for me is low because I started work in April and only started getting regular hours in July. She couldn't guarantee anything of course but she said to be hopeful. I then went to see if I could find a physician since my regular doctor is not a surgeon. I needed to find one that works for the hospital so it would be covered with their charity. I ended up on the pre-surgical floor because I was trying to find the doctor's offices but I was on the wrong wing of the hospital. The receptionist went out of her way calling around for me, and said my best bet was to visit one of the nearby clinics and make an appointment.
I drove over to the clinic and got in just before they closed. I told the scheduler that I needed an appointment and what was going on, and I nearly cried over all the stress about not having insurance. I was probably visibly stressed out, and I made sure to let the scheduler know that I wasn't upset at her.
I needed to be with a friend so I called a few people and one invited me to a church event later that evening but couldn't talk about it over dinner because she was busy. I called another friend, busy. I called another friend, and she said she would love to get dinner with me, but then later called and said her boyfriend had made her dinner so she couldn't. I was a little disappointed, but I understood. We rescheduled for today. I ended up biding my time at Auto Zone before going to the church event. I noticed on my way driving around that my headlight was out. The Auto Zone employee was probably no older than 17, and he was not able to put in the headlight because my battery is in the way and he didn't have the tools. I would like to take this time to apologize to all the drivers last night that were blinded by my high beams. Sorry. I didn't want to get pulled over for a stupid headlight.
I had only eaten a Fiber One bar and two apples for "dinner" so I was pretty hungry at this time, but I wanted to meet up with my friend for the church event. It ended up being pretty ok. There was really good music, with the lead singer being a powerhouse vocal redhead young lady. She really knows how to use dynamic and octave to make a point. There was a comedian named Bob Smiley who was funny, but I wasn't a fan of his vegetarian jokes... they were good spirited but kind of felt like being poked in the ribs by my older brother. Then there was an illusionist (because they are not called magicians if they are doing card tricks for the Lord, haha). He was really talented and wrapped up his show with a gospel message. We ended with a song then talked for a while with my friend's friends that I don't know. I was being very good by passing up on the 7 layer slice of cake. Looked great, but I decided to use my weekly points some other time.
Yesterday by the time I got home I wasn't feeling very well. I blame the Fiber One bar. I'll spare you, my lovely readers, the details. I decided it would be best to avoid the gym last night. I still have a tummy ache today but not nearly like yesterday. I'm still trying to get the umph to actually do something productive today. A shower and laundry count, and they are next on my list. I'm still probably going out to eat tonight, and I'm thinking that's where I'll use my weekly points. Then I'll go to the gym.
My friend last night made that same compliment that my other friend made this weekend, so I think I am starting to see it. They both said that it looks like the weight is starting to come off my rib cage and upper waist. (Of course they said it in a more elegant way.)
I'm working all weekend, so it looks like I better enjoy my day off while I can!
No comments:
Post a Comment