I had a Dr's appointment today. First thing they do is take vitals and weight. Good news, I lost the 3 lbs I gained last week and lost another, making my 3.5 week total loss of 14 lbs! That made me happy. I'm thinking it was the water retention that really cause the gain when I weighed on Monday.
I am scheduled for surgery at the end of the November. The doctor I met for the first time was nice enough, and he wanted to get me in next week but he didn't have anything available. I'm actually going to call and see if I can get the first available surgeon since I just met my doctor today and I don't really care who does it as long as they are qualified.
I was all done with the appointment, sitting in the surgery scheduler's office, and she told me how much the surgery would be out of pocket. I asked if they had any program like Kadlec does (Considering they are Kadlec Clinic for crying out loud!) but they are separate billing entities and are not large enough to do charity stuff. The lady left to talk to her boss about lowering the cost, and I sat there and cried. I've been kind of weepy lately but $3,278 out of pocket is something I'll deem worth shedding a few tears over. That is only the physician's fees and not the pathologies and anesthesiologist's fees. The good news is that she called me back today saying that he has lowered his rate to the DSHS rate of $687, requiring $150 down and $100 monthly payments. I can do that. I'm still apprehensive about the pathology fees and anesthesiologist fees. One day at a time.
The surgery is laproscopic, so I wont have a huge scar, but I will have a belly button "piercing" and three other "piercings". While he removes the cysts, he'll send a sample to the lab for biopsy. Also, I could have the beginnings of endometriosis, so if he sees signs of that he'll cauterize them away. Two of my aunts (mom's sisters) had endometriosis so it could be likely, and I'm at about that age where it shows up. I will most likely have to stay the night at Kadlec but then go home the next day. I'll have to stay home from work for a week.
One of the risks the doctor mentioned was that it could be possible that he'll have to remove one or both ovaries. That scares me. I want to make babies in the future. He'll only remove them if it's absolutely necessary, but gosh what a risk! Let's all pray I keep BOTH of them for future use.
So, enough about medical hoo-hah. I normally talk about food and eating, but I'd like to talk about the gym again. Last night I had a much nicer visit at Gold's. I started in the cardio cinema. I caught the last 7 minutes of Letters To Juliet, stayed for 3 more to make it an even 10, then went to another area to do 10 more minutes on eliptical. I went back to the cinema because they had started the movie again, so I did 10 minutes of walking/jogging then 10 minutes of stationary bike. I finished out with too many full sit-ups and then 10 minutes of free weights, focusing on arms/back. I'm definitely feeling the burn. It's not bad though. The jogging was not a good idea for me. My knee was sore afterward but it's fine today. So all in all I got just about an hour of workout! Kudos to me.
I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but I can't stand the treadmills there! I feel like I'm going to slip. I wonder if the underside of the "track" is lubricated or something. Plus it squeaks with every step. I think I'll stick with the eliptical, my cardio BFF, thank you very much.
I got put on-call for work today so it's nice to have a day to myself after yesterday's 6 hour ER visit with my uncle. He's been sick and finally decided it was time to see a doctor. He ended up getting admitted and will be there until tomorrow at the earliest. He's on a brand new floor and it's really nice. My other friend M is in post-op right now, so I'll probably make my 2nd trip to Kadlec today to visit her and my uncle.
Whew, what a day. I survived. My good attitude is intact. Thank you Jesus.
LOL>. love the last part.. 'Thank you Jesus.' perfect! I'm proud of you! keep on goin!! love you girl!
ReplyDeleteI am praying for your ovaries
ReplyDeleteThanks Jack, I love you!
ReplyDelete@Brit Thanks fo the encouragement, love you back! :)