Tuesday, October 19, 2010

End of Week 2

This was a week to remember. Working overtime, a bad reaction to strawberries, Ladies' retreat, having a melt-down Friday night, and oh did I mention I lost more weight? I am now at a total weight loss of 13 lbs! I have been working hard to eat right and spend my points wisely and spend some quality time at Gold's, and it appears to be paying off.

On Sunday after the retreat, some of us decided to stay in Spokane to go shopping and go out to lunch. It was really nice to spend some quality time with good girlfriends. My family has more men than women so we don't really do girly stuff together often. It felt great to be included like that.

We stopped at Qdoba for lunch. I was a little excited to go because I heard a few friends that loved it. We don't have one here in Tri-Cities. I was thinking about how to use my points wisely when a friend reminded me that I haven't dipped into my weekly points yet and it is Sunday. I ended up getting the Mexican gumbo (Which basically is tortilla soup with heaps of rice and beans.) It was great. I was so full after only eating half. I tried my best to calculate points, and it ended up being a 14.5 point lunch, including the tortilla chips I ate. If I would have had the whole bowl, it would have been almost a whole day's points! At the end of the day I was still under for points because I fell asleep before I could eat dinner. I was exhausted from all the weekend's activities.

My talented piano player friend Amanda was Miss Tri-Cities a few years ago, and for the retreat she gave lots of us makeovers, showing us great techniques on how to apply makeup better and whatnot. Here's a picture of me, in the awkward laying on the bed, demure pose.


I received a really nice, genuine compliment this weekend that was a real confidence booster. I can't really tell that I've lost weight by looking at myself, but she sees me a lot so I trust that she's right.

You know how they say not to go grocery shopping hungry? Surprise, surprise, it's true! Tonight after work I went to Winco and got about three weeks worth of food. I bought healthy food, just to clarify. There are so many good fruits and veggies in season now! I had some of my delicious cantaloupe after dinner tonight.

I am now off to work off some calories at the gym! Yes, I realize that it's almost 1:30 am. This is my life. I'll probably sleep until noon tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! So proud of you! It was fun hanging out over the weekend. I hope you got good rest today :)

    ReplyDelete