Tuesday, October 26, 2010

End of Week 3

Blah. That is my thought about today's weigh in. I gained 3 pounds. Blah. I have a few things I would like to attribute this to.

1. Aunt Flo is visiting. I'm retaining water.
2. I actually used my weekly points this week for the first time.
3. I only ate 12 points last Friday and this is my body getting back at me for the abuse.
4. My roommate loves to bake, and this time I used my extra daily points on a Swiss butter cream topped slice of pumpkin bread. And caramel. And apple butter. (Maybe I should move in with a non-baker!?!?!)

I'm not happy about this but I'm not going to call this week a failure. I still ate well within my points budget and worked out a total of 80 minutes. To look at it from this month's perspective, I'm still down 10 lbs.

I got my November schedule for work today, and as it happens, I'm working on November 1st. This means two things. 1. I will not be excessively drinking. 2. I will be using my points on food rather than drinks.

This weekend I worked at the group home. It was nice to actually be able to interact with the clients rather than work the night shift when they are sleeping. Today I worked inpatient and it was nice to get into the flow of things again. I especially enjoyed it knowing I would only work two days this week. At the end of the shift, someone called in sick for tomorrow's day shift. I initially resisted because day shift is harder for me, but I decided since I'm not working very much this week then I might as well. Plus I'm working grave at the group home on Saturday night so I'll be working 4 days, which will be nice around pay day.

Since I need to wake up in five hours, I'm going to cut this blog short in order to try and sleep. Thankfully I have prepared for tomorrow's breakfast and lunch tomorrow by chopping some fruit and cooking Cuban beans and rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment