Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day One, Continued


I have been getting used to the Weight Watchers website, and I like it. One of the treasures I found was the recipe section. There are literally thousands of recipes! You can choose by ingredient or time of day. I chose one from their featured section today, and it turned out great: Dijon new potatoes. They are really flavorful and they only have a tiny amount of healthy fat (EVOO). I added a little more salt than the recipe calls for after they were cooked. I'm thinking of making egg beaters with the leftovers for breakfast.

Have any of you had points left over at the end of the day? Do you rush to find something to snack on or do you feel satisfied and let them go? I have 9 points left for today and the only thing I can think of that I want is broccoli. Maybe if I stay up late tonight I'll want another snack.

I'm very self-conscious but at the same time I'm going to be an open book, so soon I'm going to post a "before" picture. Wearing a bra and sleeping shorts. Ugh. I need motivation and this is my starting point. I'm really glad that this blog is only known to a few people, because I would never post anything of that nature on facebook!

Tomorrow I am taking a day trip to Spokane for a fall festival. It's going to be fun, but temptation will be all around me. Pumpkin donuts, apple crisps, lemonade... I'm going to pack along a few healthy options so I don't blow all my points on one meal while I'm there. I thought ahead and purchased this new energy drink that is sugar free to have instead of coffee in the morning.

Tomorrow I'll report on how well I managed my points. Do you have a hard time managing your points when you travel? What about when you are busy? I appreciate any and all comments.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I'm so excited about this choice dear! I did WW a few years ago and I LOVED it!! I lost weight, I learned how badly I really ate, I practiced eating healthier, I never starved, it was the best 'diet' I've ever done! I'm a little jealous actually...

    ReplyDelete
  2. with extra points I usually saved them up and I used them on a splurge.

    ReplyDelete