Monday, October 4, 2010

More restraint than I though I had

I learned a few things about my self-restraint today. First of all, IT EXISTS!!! I had sweets looking at me from every angle, but I didn't want to "spend" my points on them. J offered me a cookie that she bought me (she forgot that I'm counting points), and I politely declined.

Green Bluff was great, and so was Spokane. It rained pretty hard when we left Northtown mall. We were really glad we only got a light sprinkle while we were outside. While at a farm, I saw something I really liked- salmon. The owner's son is a fisherman in Alaska and they are fresh frozen on the boat and shipped over here. I ordered the Salmon. It was excellent. I'm glad it was a small portion, because when I filled out my points tracker today, I gasped when I saw that it was 9 whopping points! Not including the brown rice or corn! Thankfully because of my restraint I didn't go over today.

A new tradition has started where those of us that go to Green Bluff stop at the little church and buy an apple crisp thing from the sweet old church ladies. Of course there are no nutrition facts so I rounded up by guessing it was 5 points. The other sweet thing I had today was a small (3.5 inch) pumpkin donut. It was still warm. That was 6 points of goodness.




J and I on a hay ride to the pumpkin patch!


One of the nice things about this outing was that we walked a lot, including a little bit of uphill, so I don't feel bad for all the time I spent on my toosh in the car up and back.

On our way home, we stopped by Northtown mall. J and I happen to love a store there named Torrid, which is not in Tri-Cities. There are so many cute things and I would buy them all if possible. I tried on a really cute pair of jeans, and they fit well, AND they were on clearance, but I decided against them. Why would I buy a pair of jeans now when I'm not going to be the biggest size the store sells for much longer? I should spend my money later when I have no clothes that fit me anymore. I did end up buying a black tank top with ruffles on the bottom for layering (J bought the same one), and a nude tank top that is meant for tummy control.

One of the things that is going to be hard is giving up my coffee. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I love my 2% lattes. I decided that my body and my health are more important, so when I went grocery shopping tonight I purchased pre-ground coffee (the good kind) and a bottle of sugar free caramel syrup. I think it'll be good for my health and for my budget if I lay off on my much-loved Dutch Bros.

While at the grocery store, I bought a new thing I've never eaten or cooked before: quinoa. Everyone has told me that this is a super grain and contains a lot of protein. I found a recipe on WW that I think I'll like a lot- quinoa stuffed peppers with feta on top. I hope I'm not allergic to the feta. I'm allergic to bleu cheese so I'm not sure how it will pan out.

You know how I am a very select meat eater? I went to the little farm store in Medical Lake that I loved last time hoping to stock up on organic chicken, and to my great disappointment, they were closed. It was about 12:15 so I wonder if they were not home from church yet or if they are actually closed on Sundays. The sign on the road said open, but the sign near the driveway said closed. Oh well, next trip I'll plan for a Saturday.

Tomorrow I am going to work prepared with what I cooked this evening. I never know ahead of time what the kitchen will offer, so I'm going to play it safe and make my own lunch. I think I'll stick with my sugar free energy drink instead of my beloved Dutch Bros. Have you ever noticed how many calories come in liquid form? Juice, coffee with syrup and fat from the milk, soda, sugar in tea, soda, chocolate milk, soda. Did I mention soda? Did you know that a 12 ounce can of soda is 5 points?!?! Even more for restaurant sized cups. I'll stick with water and/or Crystal Light, thank you very much.

Today was an exciting day but I am spent! Looking forward to a good night's rest.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl thanks for sending me the link! I will definitely be encouraging you along on your journey! I have a book I need to loan to you that will be really awesome I think. Remind me :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete