I'm not really sure if I gained or lost this week- I haven't been to work to know. They census of patients is low, and when that happens, the first people they call off are part-timers like me. I can't live on one day per week of work, so I'm going to look into getting a third, YES THIRD part time job. The group home doesn't even have me on the schedule for another 2.5 weeks. However, one of my coworkers is in the Army reserves and will be gone for 4 months, and I'm hoping they give me his full time hours in the meantime. That's not until January.
I opened a bill from the lab on Sunday- bad idea. $261 for bloodwork and urinalysis. Insurance probably would have paid for that. The Dr wanted to see my thyroid and other hormone levels, and I'm not sure what they checked for on the urinalysis. I got another bill from the Dr's office. My 5 minutes with the Dr cost $151. I paid $100 at the time of the appointment, and at that time they said they would give me a discount for paying cash, which is not reflected in the bill. I have a feeling my entire tax refund this year will be spent on medical bills.
Today a good friend of my came to town for the day and we had lunch at Panda Express. I chose the non-breaded or deep fried mandarin chicken (which was totally gross) and chow mein. Both were lacking. I kind of wish I would have opted for a PBJ at home. As a result, I went over my points by a half point for the day.
Yesterday I did the eliptical for half an hour then did weight lifting and sit-ups for 25 minutes. I did the one that kind of looks like you are flapping your wings, only very slow, which works the biceps and shoulders, and man did I feel it today! Today I did my usual Tuesday water aerobics and it was definitely a work out. In the beginning of the hour my shoulder joints were a little achy, but I warmed up and they were ok. I'm getting used to the buoyancy belt and I'm finding it easier now to keep my balance. After the class, I sat in the steam room for about three minutes until I couldn't stand the people in it. Not only did I feel judged sitting near three girls with huge boobs in bikinis, I also have a low tolerance for BS lately and one of the guys was talking it up trying to impress the girls. I went to the hot tub and talked to one of my class friends, and while we were talking the girl behind her was fighting with her boyfriend. We both noticed and I said "I'm glad I'm single!". I found out today that because my 6:30 class is so small, they are going to cut it. I am sad. I really don't want to be crowded into the 5:30 class with all the senior citizens. They are nice and all, but that class is at least 40 people, and takes up the entire pool. I move around a lot and I'm always looking out so I don't bump into people.
I have yet to try another group class that isn't in the pool. It's just too high intensity for me right now. I can't last the whole hour, and my heart races so fast and I feel like I need my inhaler. (Which I haven't needed to use in a few years.) I'm thinking about asking the management at Gold's to add a lower intensity group aerobics class for people not as fit as the instructors.
I'm writing this because I went to bed early then woke up too soon, but now I'm feeling the need to sleep again so I'm going to take advantage of it. Hopefully tomorrow after my first aid class I can sneak in and weigh myself so I know where I'm at. (I'll probably be put on call again even though I'm scheduled to work.)
Since it's the month to be thankful, I'll end with this: I am thankful for free time I have, even when it means losing hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment