This was my master creation for the week. Tofu pad Thai. It was tasty. I used the WW recipe and tweaked it a little to my liking. For instance, I don't like cilantro so I omitted that, and I added the edimame. I shared with my dad and my neighbor friend and I think they liked it, although tofu is something to get used to for some people. I liked it because I let it sit in fish sauce before I cooked it. Fish sauce is almost like soy sauce- it's salty and fermented and has great flavor. I should have used a little less because the dish was just a tad too salty. I used chili garlic sauce instead of chili flakes and that was a good choice. It was spicy enough to make my nose run a little but not so spicy that it hurt my mouth. Perfect medium. I ate it for lunch and dinner then breakfast the next day.At the gym I finally was able to take the Zumba class that my friends all rave about. I liked it but I only lasted 45 minutes, and afterwards I felt horrible, because my head hurt so bad. I think that is a mold allergy headache and the intense exercise just exaggerated it. On Thursday I took the Bouyancy Burn class and I lasted the whole hour but I did feel the burn. Today I have back pain from it- I wear a bouyancy thing around my waist and I cinched it tight because it was slipping up my waist, and the extra movement put a strain on my back.
I bought a pedometer. Talk about a motivator! I have walked 4.85 miles so far today! Mostly from work, but some just from walking around the house. I like knowing how far I am going and how much I really walk at work.
I have been feeling a little blue lately, and I think it's because I have a lot of stressors right now. I'm still anxious over medical stuff, but now I'm worried about my job. It's review time for me and I've been hearing things second hand that aren't that nice. Also my hours have been cut back significantly because there are more people working now. With all the medical expenses coming up and the week I have to take off from work I'm stressing over how I am going to live on less pay. I'm trying to take control of the things I can control, and use healthy coping skills for the things that I can't control. I can't control how many hours I have, but I can control my stress level about it by doing somthing relaxing or giving it over to God, and usually that has to happen several times per day. I've been praying a lot lately, and I think it's for my own sanity because I know I can't do anything on my own. God is good, I just need to trust that for everything. I tend to take things into my own hands and no matter how many times that plan crashes and burns I still try and do things on my own. I was able to attend small group tonight and that was nice even though I was stressed about being called off from work because of a low number of patients.
It's the month of Thanksgiving so I think I'll end each post this month with something I'm thankful for. I am thankful for the friends in my life that give me support and unconditional love.
No comments:
Post a Comment