I worked Wednesday night on call back pay, which is time and a half like holiday pay. I was super tired but happy to get some work in. I woke up Thursday around 4pm, went to my parent's house and said hi, took a piece of turkey to go, ate a few hors d'oeurves, (If that's how you spell it) then went to work. So unfortunately no family style Thanksgiving dinner for me. At work I ate a half of a HAM (gasp!) sandwich with mustard, no mayo and a cup of turkey noodle soup. I wonder if I'm allergic to the preservatives in ham because I got the worst headache shortly after eating that sandwich.
After my 4 hours working at the hospital, I headed over to the group home to work overnight, and about halfway through I felt awful. I was achy all over and my lungs hurt like I was about to get a respiratory infection. I felt like the symptoms came all of a sudden and hit me like a brick. I already had my flu shot 4 weeks ago, so I'm not sure what that was all about. I survived the night, but let the next person know that I might call in sick for the next day. I called over to the hospital and requested the first low census, which means that if there is a low number of patients, they ask people not to come in. I got into bed and prayed that God would take away whatever sickness was making me feel awful. I got woken up a few times by phone calls, but I was happy about the phone call from the hospital saying that I was low-censused. I slept in until about 5 and I woke up feeling so much better. I give credit to God for that one. :)
I bravely trudged through the snow to the mall (On black Friday no less!) to the Verizon store. I got a new phone last week but I really didn't like it and so I put it back in its box and re-activated my old phone in the meantime. I traded the phone I didn't like for an LG Vortex, which is an android phone, and much easier to operate than the Palm that I had previously. The best part of the deal was that my phone was free because of black Friday. (Not one of those pay $100 now but get a $100 Visa debit card later deals either!) I've been really short on funds because of not working as much, and not having to pay anything out of pocket was great. I really like my new phone and it was worth the trip to the mall.
While I was at the mall, I stopped by Old Navy, because of course they had some great deals. I bought another $5 long sleeve shirt to layer with other shirts, and a $15 sweater coat that I just love. It felt so great to buy things at the Old Navy store rather than online, because their plus size clothing is only online.
Here is me wearing my fun new sweater at work.
Here is me wearing my fun new sweater at work.I've been less anxious and stressed about my upcoming surgery and I thank God for that. I've been praying about it more and it really helps bring peace. I've been seeing a wonderful Christian counselor lady that taught me a relaxation technique and also anointed me for my surgery. I've asked a lot of friends to keep my in their prayers on Tuesday and it really helps knowing that I'm being lifted up.
In anticipation for friends that have said they want to visit me post-op, I spent a lot of time cleaning this weekend. I still have a few things to do but the major stuff is done. Today my roommates bought a Christmas tree and it looks fantastic but now there are already pine needles galore. They put it in the bathtub at first because it was wet and they didn't want the snow to melt on the carpet. I thought that was a good idea, but of course there are now pine needles on the bathroom floor and in the shower. I'm pretty sure that one or both of them will be showering before me tomorrow so I'm going to hope they clean it up before they let the pine needles clog the drain. Aside from the pine needles, the extra Christmas decorations are spread throughout the living room and it makes me wonder if I should have waited to clean it. Oh well, it'll get cleaned.
I have a really bad headache tonight and I am not supposed to take any NSAID pain relievers for it (I can't take blood thinning medicines before surgery.), and since it's a particularly bad headache, I opted to take oxycodone for it. (Technically it's not percocet because there is no acetaminophen in it.) My headache must be gnarly because and hour after taking it, the headache is still there and I'm not even loopy. I've been trying to drink lots of water to help also. I think I have had this headache for most of the week, and I almost wonder if it's from stopping my normal dose of ibuprofen. I have constant pain on my left side from the cyst, and the ibuprofen 800 generally is strong enough to take care of it. Soon enough I won't be needing any pain relievers!!!
My roommates have left Lola out of their room for tonight, and normally if that's the case she gets into her crate and sleeps on her pillows, but she's been needy and had been sleeping on my bed. She is sleeping on the right side of my feet and Mr.Sprock is on the left side of my feet. I'm glad they can get along... sometimes. When Lola jumped up on my bed, she looked at me like she was expecting me to yell at her, because she was trying to be all sneaky about it. I just thought it was cute.
I'll end with another thing that I am thankful for: God's provision. I have seen it over and over in my life and I need to trust that He'll follow through like he always does.
No comments:
Post a Comment