Friday, November 12, 2010

New teacher

There was a new teacher tonight for water aerobics class. She kicks butt! I am so sore already. I've got a heating pad on my neck/shoulder and a band aid on my toe from scraping the bottom of the pool so much over the last few weeks. Toward the end of class, I got shin splint cramps, which I've never experienced before! She told me to stay on the shallow side next time to avoid being on my toes so much. I like both of the teachers but this new one is something fierce! She really makes you want to max your intensity and even told us that we burn a minimum of 650 calories during one class, and more if we rev up the intensity! I was almost at the highest intensity I could go. Even though I'm sore all over, I'm very satisfied that I probably burned close to 1,000 calories. I ate very well today, and I have 6.5 points left over that I'm not going to use. I even had a little piece of WW Whitman's candy for 1 point. (It resembles an almond joy, but no almonds- I say that rather than mounds because it's milk chocolate not dark.)

I went to some dear friend's moving away party tonight and it was wonderful. They are such great people who do so much for our group of friends. I will miss them. They are moving to the mid-west to the same city where my cousin currently lives, so I might just take a trip a little while down the road. My friend tells me Southwest Airlines has a $129 round trip deal. I'll have to look it up. Hey maybe by the time I go, airplane seats will fit just fine and I won't feel too huge to fit in one.

Today I walked around the mall looking for Christmas gifts, which was a bad choice for two reasons: It's Veteran's Day and there is no school, which means there are too many kids at the mall (Wow I sound old saying that). The other thing is that I was expecting my direct deposit this morning because that's what happens every other Thursday, but since it was a holiday, the bank was closed and I probably won't get my pay until tomorrow.

It's 2 am and I'm ready to crash. I probably won't work tomorrow because I called this evening and there is still a low number of patients. The only upside to that is that I'll be able to go to the Spaghetti Establishment tomorrow with my family before they close for good on Saturday. That's sad. I like that restaurant, but it's in an older neighborhood. They should have moved to somewhere that gets more traffic.

Today I am thankful that my dad is alive. 15 years ago today my dad was hiking on a sidewalk en route to the south hills of Kennewick when he was struck head-on by a drunk driver who fled the scene (They did later catch the driver). My dad is severely disabled and has a hard time with daily activities, but he has survived for 15 years and that is a major milestone. 15 years is 60% of my life. I'm thankful that I've had my dad for 100% of my life. We've had rough patches in the past, but now more than ever I can say that I'm glad he's here. I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment