Sunday, January 30, 2011

Food Scale

My food scale is working out awesomely. Today for dinner I had a PBJ, and I measured 20 grams of PB for 3 points. The jelly was sugar free, and under 10 calories per serving, so it was 0 points. I've been using my scale to measure shredded mozzarella cheese too. I like to make little microwave quesadillas by first measuring how many grams each tortilla is- the nutrition facts says they are 36 grams each (small tortillas), but when I weighed them, one was 40 and the other 42. Then I tare the scale and add cheese and count points for that. The secret ingredient is so simple- it's taco seasoning! I have one of those big Costco sized spice containers of it. I use just a pinch. Microwave for 45 seconds and I have an amazing, great tasting, low fat quesadilla.

This week I was happy to discover that I weigh 2 lbs less than last week. Goodbye plateau! My total loss is now -46lbs. I'm so close to -50! I'm planning on getting a pedicure when I reach that goal to reward my hard work.

I have Monday-Thursday off this week. Besides babysitting and working out, I'll need to find something to occupy myself with. I have been re-reading Pride and Prejudice, and that's been nice. I have Kindle for Android on my phone, and P&P is a free book since the copyright expired. I love the classics, so I'll have to see how many more free books I can get my hands on.

I'm so excited for my Seaside trip. We booked a hotel that has a complimentary breakfast, but I am thinking about bringing packets of low sugar oatmeal in case complimentary is code for donuts and muffins. I just learned today via the WW website that muffins contain nearly twice the fat and calories as donuts! Makes sense though, since donuts are light and airy and muffins are dense. I'm also going to tote along a few healthy snacks like low fat string cheese, 100 calorie packs of pretzels, and some fruit. I know we'll be eating out most of the time but I don't want to waste my hard work with 3 days of bad eating. In fact, I might bring along my food scale and things to make lunch with. That'll save money and I'll be able to control my calories better. My dad is letting me borrow his nice camera so I'll be posting some awesome pictures on here after the trip.

I just got home from work about an hour ago and I'm ready to hit the hay. Have a great week friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment