Friday, January 28, 2011

What a week!

After I wrote the last blog (at around 5am Monday) I was called into work for the day shift, and scheduled to work swing shift. That's right, I worked a double with NO SLEEP!!! I thank God that I was alert and didn't pass out or say stupid things. I was awake from 2pm Sunday until 11pm Monday. So, awake for 33 hours, worked 25 of them. I could have said no and slept during day shift, but there is sometimes an irresistible desire to earn enough to make a living. My diet that day was a disaster. I had reached my points limit for the day and I was getting ready to sleep when work called, so I figured I would start a new day for points. After eating the hospital's provided dinner, fattening mac and cheese, I felt really bad and decided to not even try and track points for Monday.

I slept very nicely Monday night and got called in again Tuesday morning. I had a feeling they would do that. They only gave me a half hour's notice before the shift started, but I needed to eat breakfast and take a shower, so I was a half hour late, which was fine by them. They didn't need me after noon, so they said I could go home then come back for my scheduled swing shift. I came back at 3pm only to find out that they only needed me until 5. I was disappointed. They should have told me that before I left. Oh well, I'm still thankful for the work.

While I was taking an extended lunch break, I went to Costco. They have digital postal scales on sale for $10 right now! It even says on the package that it's great for kitchen use. I also got a pair of Adidas running shoes for $35. What a great deal. They feel like walking on air. I've used the scale several times so far for peanut butter and other things, and it's so easy and handy to have. I worked out today with my new shoes, and I think they're great.

I filed my taxes a few days ago, and thanks to TurboTax, I got almost twice the refund I was expecting. I decided to treat myself to a mini-vacation. I'm going to Seaside, Oregon for a few days with a friend from Church. It'll be during the middle of the week, so hotels are really cheap. I'm working every weekend in February, so I didn't even have to take time off work. My friend did though, but I think she wanted a break.

I also decided to plan a trip during the first weekend in March to see my friends and family in Kansas City. That should prove to be amazing. I'll be flying out of Spokane, with a layover in Denver, but the airfare is really reasonable so I don't mind the layover. I'm so excited to meet my cousin's little baby boy Sami! I have a few friends from college that live there now too, so I'm trying to see if I can get together with them while I'm there too. It almost sounds like I'll need an hour-by-hour planner for my trip! I definitely want to get the most out of it.

I am so incredibly blessed, in so many ways. Today I have been feeling so great. My elevated mood might be due to the excessive amount of diet Pepsi I've had today... I went out to eat with a friend, and I drank two glasses there, then at home I had one can. Speaking of going out to eat, we had Mongolian, which is one of my favorites. I think the only fat is in the noodles. The sauces are sugary of course so I estimated high on points. Other than that, the chicken is lean and veggies are 0 points. My friend treated me to dinner, which was so nice of her, then we went to WinCo to get everything for tomorrow's taco dinner which I'll be hosting. She got a few things for herself but forgot her debit card at home, so I paid for her groceries and I think we're even since she paid for my dinner. Isn't that funny how things work out?

I think I'm going to have dinner now. Mmm leftover mongolian!

1 comment: