Monday, January 17, 2011

Challenge

Today I bravely stepped into Gold's to get weighed, measured, and photographed for the beginning of the Gold's Challenge. My heart was beating a little too fast during the whole time in line. The photographs were the hardest part- they asked me to lift up my shirt to my ribs and roll down the waist of my pants. Awesome. Very humbling for sure. It felt like high school, when we did all the presidential fitness tests for a week. Before I started WW and exercise, my BMI was 47. Today it was 39. Still "obese" by their calculation, but I'm definitely on my way.

I'm currently at 43 lbs lost, and I didn't lose any this last week. Possibly because I ate out last Tuesday, and possibly because I didn't work out nearly as much as the week before. I'm ok with maintaining, but I definitely want to win this challenge, so for the next 12 weeks I need to be intentional about staying on track. I want to look amazing by the end of this challenge. Obviously, because I need to lose so much weight, I won't be done losing after the challenge is over. However, and victory would be great motivation to spur me on to finish my goal. I haven't quite set how far I want my goal to be still, and I probably won't until I get closer, because I want to be at a weigh that I can maintain for a long time without having to constantly go up and down.

I really like my jobs, but getting called off so much is getting old. I'm looking for a full time job because I need the security and benefits would be great too. I would keep my two jobs as a weekend or evening thing, since I enjoy it and I would like to keep my state license active. Mondays I usually get called off because a lot of patients are discharged. I called beforehand and asked if they needed me, but nobody knew, so I just went in. Of course I looked at the schedule and the two most awful letters were next to my name: LC, which means Low Census. I'm requesting all future Mondays off from now on. I'll work other days.

I know I've been promising more pictures, and I'm sorry to you my faithful readers, because I haven't thought to take any lately. I would like to get something better than a self-portrait mirror shot. I was looking through my photo albums on my computer, and I realized that almost all of my pictures are just my head and shoulders. No body. I know that's not a coincidence. I did that intentionally because I don't like showing my body. Now I need to work on being who I am and being confident with what I look like now, even though I still have a lot of weight to lose yet.

I really wanted to make Pad Thai for dinner tonight, but after I pulled out all the ingredients I looked at them in despair and decided I was too tired for all the work. I decided to have a WW mini bliss bar (2 points) and a mandarin orange (0 points). I don't know what I'll eat for a real meal just yet, although I've been snacking more today because I babysat tonight without eating a meal first. I'm still good on points though.

I have a new roommate that just moved in and I think she and I will get along nice. One of the perks is that she cooks healthy food, not just because that's her lifestyle, but because she is allergic to some basics that I couldn't live without- eggs, wheat, dairy, peanuts... hopefully her good habits will be something to learn from.

One last thing- I think I'm going to actually make good on my post-graduation goal of re-learning Spanish. A friend of mine offered to let me borrow her Rosetta Stone so I can have the software on my computer. Ole!

1 comment:

  1. I too lose momentum to cook healthfully when I am tired, so that is why I like to prepare a few meals on Sunday afternoons so they are ready ahead of time. A for effort, though!

    I hope your challenge is awesome! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete