I love this stuff. It is my new favorite super food. Organic, high fiber, tastes great, and I really like the consistency better than regular oatmeal. Per 1/3 cup (dry, uncooked) serving, there is 80 calories, 2g of fat, 20g carbs, 5g fiber, and 5g of protein. That's a super food. Making it is easy. 1 cup of water and 1/3 cup oat bran go in the microwave for about 2.5 minutes, watch it closely so it doesn't boil over, and let it sit for a few minutes before eating. I like to put 1/3 cup of skim milk on mine after it cools.Tomorrow is a birthday party involving fondue, at my house. I'm eating super healthy today to compensate!
I also ended up purchasing two snacky- type foods on amazon. The first is individual packets of almond butter. 90 calories each, lots of protein and vitamins.
The other thing I purchased was Cheesecake Delight bars. They are 100 calories each and look amazing. The reviews said it tasted real, not like artificial sweetener. The thing about buying from amazon is that things come in bulk. I will soon have TEN boxes of 6 bars each!!! This will probably last me quite some time.
That about does it for today! I've had a lot of free time on my hands because I'm on call all week, and I haven't been called in. As a result, I went grocery shopping, my house is immaculate, and all the laundry is caught up. That and I keep buying things in bulk online. LOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment