Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Finally, the first successful week in a while!

I lost two lbs this week. I've been doing well, especially at work when it's the night shift and I'm bored and all I want to do is eat. I've been going out to eat a lot, but I've been making healthier choices when I do.

Speaking of going out to eat a lot... it's official- I have a boyfriend. It's kind of weird not paying for my own meals, but I'm not complaining. I ask him to help me pick more healthy things on the menu. I LOVE the Applebees WW menu, but after last time, Zack got a bad stomach ache after eating there and vowed to never go there again because this isn't the first time he's felt sick afterwards. I asked him if it could possibly be his choice in food (generally a greasy hot sandwich with fries) and he says he eats that stuff at other places and doesn't feel sick. I love the Cajun Lime Tilapia and I've never felt sick after eating it. If I want to go there again, then I can ask my brothers or my girlfriends.

Zack complained to me a few nights ago about being overweight, and I talked to him about trying WW with me. He's a guy, so he gets more points than me, and I don't feel deprived because I can eat whatever I want. He's going to think about it. :) (It would sure make it easier for me when we eat together!) We are going to the Southridge Farmer's Market tomorrow and picking out some fresh veggies to stock our fridges with. Friday we are taking a day trip to Portland to get his stuff out of storage since he's moving into his apartment on Saturday. He's telling me that he loves home cooking over going out and that he's really excited to have a kitchen again. I'm kind of excited to see how he cooks.

I know only a few select people read this blog, so that's why I'm open about my relationship with Zack. I'm not going to make it "facebook official" until things get serious, if they do. Here is a picture of us BBQ-ing yesterday:
I got a new camera, in prep for my trip to scenic Wyoming, and I love it. One of the first pictures I took is quite flattering of me I think. I did my hair with hot rollers before a date with Zack and I surprised him when we met- he said "Wow, your hair is really pretty!" I bleached some of it then toned it down to an amber brown. I may have been copying my bestie's new 'do... imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, right? Besides, she is naturally blond, and I would never go as light as her because my hair would probably look orange.

Today the weather is slightly overcast but still nice and warm. I'm taking the opportunity to swim to my heart's content because I don't have to work tonight! Way to be active and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment