Sunday, February 13, 2011

Seaside

We stopped at Multnomah Falls first, and hiked up the hill to get some great shots. This was taken at the bottom of the hill.



This is me in Seaside. I like to think I look pretty good. I still have a ways to go but I can see the progress!

I know what you are thinking. Today is Sunday, but I got back on Thursday, so why did I wait so long to write a blog? Well, I have my reasons. I did want to get some rest in.

On Monday I got called off work, and as a result I texted my friend asking if she wanted to leave work early for an extra day of vacation, but she had to work, so we stuck with leaving Tuesday morning.

Tuesday was awesome. I stopped at Dutch Bros then headed to my friend's house, and we were on the road by 8am. We stopped in Biggs, OR for a potty break then stopped at Multnomah Falls, which of course was so beautiful. We hiked about a mile up, but decided that since we were there for so long, it was time to hit the road again. We went to this cute little restaurant that I'd been to before called the Bread and Ink Cafe in Portland. The food there is always good. For people who are on the go, they have a waffle window, where you can get your favorite kind of waffle and fried chicken. I ate a breakfast scramble, which was great.

Once we left Portland, we decided to drive to Cannon Beach first, then Seaside. Cannon Beach is only 10-15 minutes from Seaside. We walked the beach there, took some great pictures of Haystack Rock, and froze our bums off. It was cold and windy, but partially sunny. I forgot my gloves at home, that would have been nice. I thought my coat wouldn't do so well in the wind, but it actually was really great.

We checked into our hotel room at the Seashore Inn, and it was really nice. From our window we could see the statue of Lewis and Clark as well as the beautiful beach and waves. My good friends lives in Portland, and he decided to drive over to see us and eat dinner with us on Tuesday. We went to this restaurant thinking it was another, and we looked at the menu and decided $30 entrees was a little too much, so we went to his favorite place, Norma's. I had a halibut sandwich, very good. He had to go home after that, so K and I decided to take a swim in our hotel's pool. That was nice, but a little cold, so we enjoyed the hot tub and sauna. I was so tired after that, I fell asleep shortly after changing into my PJs!

Wednesday was our adventure day. We went to the Seaside aquarium. I loved the seals there. I even got to feed them fish pieces with my bare hands, then wash them very well, haha. The seals all have fun personalities and some of them did tricks for their fish. One clapped his arm, and another did twirls in the water. I spent a lof of time marveling at all the creatures in the aquariums. The flat fish halibut was particularly interesting to me. Did you know when they are young, their eyes are like a normal fish, but then they move to one side? One side is all fishy-camo color, and the other is white.

Looking at all the interesting creatures that day made me think (and say) "God made it!"

We walked around Seaside most of the day. I was fighting a sore throat and I ran out of vitamin C, so we walked to the Rite Aid, which was maybe a mile away. I'm so glad I opted to wear my backpack because at Rite Aid we found TiGi Bed Head products for $10 cheaper than at home! What a deal. I am almost out anyways. We both bought large 2-packs of Control Freak shampoo and conditioner. We were getting hungry from walking so much, so we walked back across town and ate lunch at the Pig N' Pancake. I got delicious halibut fish and chips. Yes, they were fried.

We took a rest in the hotel for a little while, and K was a good student and did her homework. I just got on Facebook. I was so full from the fish and chips that I wanted to have a late dinner, and K didn't mind. We ended up going to Dooger's. I had the best cajun salmon, and it was huge! Normally inland they serve smaller portions, but I suppose living near the ocean has its perks. I barely touched my baked potato since the salmon was so filling. After waiting a while to digest, we went swimming again. I did some laps then relaxed in the hot tub. For some reason, I didn't get to sleep until after midnight.

On Thursday I slept in until about 8:15. K and I ate leftovers from our previous meals for breakfast. We packed up and headed out. We decided against going out somewhere for lunch in favor of eating a VooDoo donut. We stopped at Trader Joe's first, then headed to a beautifully pink building to get our high calorie treats. I had a chocolate glazed raised donut with oreo pieces and melted peanut butter drizzled on top. It was great. I had that with some whole milk. (They were out of 2% and don't carry skim.) We then stopped at Dutch Bros on Belmont St. for some caffeine for the road, and we were off. The first part of the drive home was curvy and a lot of traffic, but it was nice after a while.

What a nice vacation, and with all the junk food I ate, I didn't gain any weight- today was my weigh day, and I maintained this week. I'll call that a victory.

I called in sick today, my sore throat turned into a bad cold, and I'm going to the Dr today because my cough made me feel like I was drowning. I sound like a frog too. I don't feel all that bad, but I want to get healthy ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment