Thursday, April 21, 2011

Triumphant return... or something like that...

You may have noticed I haven't been keeping you, my faithful readers updated. Sorry 'bout that. Let me give you a brief re-cap of what's been happening with me since the last post.

I went to Seaside, OR with my friend Kayla. It was awesome. Here is a picture of me there.


In the beginning of March, I flew to Kansas City and spent time with my cousin and her adorable baby boy, and my friends that just moved there. I also had coffee with two good friends from college, followed by Thai food and Pirates of Penzance with one of those friends. Great show!

I've started to date again. That's kind of big. Met a few nice guys so far, but nothing relationship-worthy as of yet. I'm still very aware of my insecurities about what I look like and what guys want girls to look like...

I've been working a decent amount at work. Being per diem means no set schedule and no guaranteed hours, so I've been blessed to not have to worry about making ends meet lately.

Last week I went to Portland just because. I was in an awful mood most of the time. I tried to fake being in a good mood but I have no poker face. My head and back were hurting, plus I was dealing with some stuff. I knew I should make the most of the trip despite how I was feeling physically and emotionally, so I didn't sit anything out. I went to Ikea for the first time, ate food there, walked on the Hawthorne Street Bridge, walked along the Willamette River walk path, and ate at some awesome places including Old Spaghetti Factory, Lucky Strike (Chinese), and of course VooDoo Doughnuts. It kind of made me want to move to Portland. I think it's great there, but my life is here.

This week a co-worker is taking a vacation, and I'm covering, which means a full work week. It's been kind of nice getting to know the clients better. My house has been a mess but I cleaned a good bit tonight. I'm staying up late so I won't be tired for night shift tomorrow. Tonight I made a WW recipe, but I tweaked it to my liking. It has turkey sausage, lots of fresh veggies, and bowtie pasta in a homemade marinara sauce. Pretty good.

As far as eating healthy and losing weight and exercising goes, um, it goes. I've been the worst lately at tracking points. I haven't made it to the gym in a week. I'm still losing weight, but very very very slowly. I've been plateau-ing for weeks, and I think it is more mental that anything. Last week I broke the plateau and lost 4 lbs, but I kind of wonder if I was dehydrated or something.

Today is the last day of the Gold's Gym Challenge. I'm wondering if I should even go in for the last weigh in. I've lost only about 10 lbs in 12 weeks. I had such a great attitude at first but I lost my motivation. I feel like it's slowly returning, but not there fully.

I think once I hit the 50 lb mark, I kind of felt like that was goal enough and that's when I started this plateau. It's true. I'm proud of myself for getting this far, now I need to keep pushing myself forward.

Tonight at work we had baked potatoes. Potatoes in general are not a high pointplus food. They are 5 points for a large one. It's the toppings that add on the points, FAST! I chose the high road tonight and had mine with sauteed onions and salsa, quite good. No butter, cheese, or sour cream!

I'm helping at my church's Easter Egg-Stravaganza this Sunday, and in prep I bought little plastic eggs and filled them with candy... but I bought too much candy. I ate some, a little more than one serving. That candy is going to my co workers tomorrow! Will power, Lindy, will power!

That about does it for this post. Thanks for being patient with me.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl. It sounds like you are striking a good balance! For me it was making daily exercise a habit. Huge change.

    Happy Easter! See you this weekend?

    ReplyDelete