Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas

This Christmas was pretty great. For all the little goodies I treated myself to, I still lost another 3 pounds, bringing my total weight loss to 38 pounds. I'm really starting to see a difference in my body. Not that I didn't before, but those little things that I just lived with like having a pudgy back are starting to go away.

I have run into a problem though. This is the third week in a row that WW has told me to stop losing weight so fast! I'm not trying to do this intentionally. I'm thinking that a new prescription has accelerated my efforts. I still eat my daily points like I should, I still work out (although not as much as I'd like), and I still have a treat now and then. Some of the risks of rapid weight loss are stress on the heart, anemia (which I deal with occasionally anyhow), and lean muscle loss. WW suggests that I talk about this with my doctor.

That's another problem. I don't have a primary care physician. I only have a GYN physician, and I'm thinking of finding a new one because I don't really care for him. I would definitely prefer a female doctor or ARNP or PAC. My current doctor is pushing me to take birth control to preserve ovarian function, but I keep telling him that it makes me nearly insane and very miserable. A woman would be able to understand that. Rant complete.

For Christmas I got a gift card to Old Navy, and today I spent most of it on some nice new clothes that actually fit me. I got khakis for work, $15 jeans that are so cute, a sweater dress and leggings, an insanely cute multi colored striped button up cardigan, and a white turtle neck to go under my work shirt. It is so nice to be able to buy things at Old Navy and try them on first. I'm so used to hoping that I pick the right size online, because the plus size section is exclusively online. I don't know if I will get over that good feeling.

This last week, work has been very busy. I ended up with 50 hours on my timecard because someone was sick all week. The best part is that 2 of the shifts were holiday pay, and the last one on Sunday was overtime pay, both time and a half. I have been so broke lately that it will be nice to not worry about bills. I was smart to put some of my previous paycheck towards January rent, because my roommates have found their own place and are asking me to pay half instead of a third because they will essentially be renting both my apartment and their new one for the month of January. It was a stretch- 90% of my current paycheck went towards rent.

I have food in my cupboard, but nothing fresh, so it may be interesting to see what I come up with for meals until my next paycheck. I'm slightly peeved by the fact that my roommates have been cooking like fiends for every meal lately and have a fridge full of leftovers that I can't touch. I'm really trying to have a good attitude about that. It's not that I want their food, but I'm a little jealous that they have so much excess food that they are wasting (really- SO much wasted food!) and I'm barely scraping by. My grandma, who almost always cooks healthy food, has told me to stop by for breakfast if I work the night shift. I may be swinging by her house on Friday morning. My parents also have an open door policy, but they do not have the healthiest food choices. Whatever happens, I know somehow it'll work out. I feel like I'm in that young adult phase where I'm paying my dues or something.

One Christmas indulgence that I have been particularly enjoying is not even edible- I am re-reading the Twilight series. Yes, I hear you laughing. It's such a good story that I thought I would keep occupied and entertained for a week or two. Then when I'm done I'll watch the movies.

Today was a pretty great day. I got called off work so I went down to Hermiston with Jamie to recycle water bottles, with $8.55 being the total of hers and mine together. Work called and asked me to come in at 10, which I was happy with. After getting off at 2:30 I went to the gym and worked it pretty well, earning 16 activity points for my workout. I made a low fat grilled cheese sandwich for dinner, and now that I'm nearly done writing this, I'm going back to my book and hopefully sleepy land soon. Sorry that I have been writing vignette paragraphs rather than a coherent central themed blog- there was a lot on my mind tonight.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing SO amazing, girl!! Isn't it amazing that you have to deal with losing "too fast"? It makes sense though. You are working out and eating protein, so that should protect your muscles. Getting good sleep is a key trick too. I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete